Skip to main content

4 Ways to Regain Control of Your Identity in the Workplace

4 Ways to Regain Control of Your Identity in the Workplace: Recently, I met with an executive from a Fortune 50 company who shared his workplace frustration and his own identity crisis. “My company brand defines me.� My job title is my credential.� My quarterly evaluation binds me.�� I am told that I am next to being promoted only to find my boss is leaving the organization.� My boss controls my future.��� I am forced to start over by proving that I am still worthy of the "next in line status."

Does this sound familiar?� Do you ever feel that your identity has become marginalized because your self-worth as an employee has become defined by an employer that only views you as head-count liability rather than a valuable asset?�

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 At the WSJDLive 2015 conference, Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes discusses her company's proprietary technologies, the FDA's inspection of its facilities, and the assertion that her company was too quick to market its products.