Skip to main content

How do you overcome feelings of inferiority in business? | Virgin

How do you overcome feelings of inferiority in business? | Virgin: It’s a shame that people shut down ideas because they’re worried about being crushed by people who are supposedly better educated than them. This is all about fear of failure. In my opinion, entrepreneurial drive beats a fancy degree anytime," writes the Virgin Group founder.

"I didn’t go to a prestigious university; in fact, I didn’t even finish secondary school. I suffer from dyslexia and couldn’t keep up with my studies as a teenager. I didn’t fit in at all. Sadly, my instructors and the curriculum they taught made me feel lazy and dumb. So I turned my attention to something I was passionate about, which was producing Student magazine, with the aim of giving a voice to young people like myself.

"And a wonderful thing happened: Following my passion gave me drive and purpose. My mind opened up and so my world. The headmaster gave me an ultimatum, forcing me to choose between staying in school or pursuing the magazine. I chose to leave, and I’ve never looked back."

young_richard_student.jpg

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 At the WSJDLive 2015 conference, Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes discusses her company's proprietary technologies, the FDA's inspection of its facilities, and the assertion that her company was too quick to market its products.