Skip to main content

DRC has seen epidemics before, but Covid-19's toll on older people leaves me sleepless | Global development | The Guardian

DRC has seen epidemics before, but Covid-19's toll on older people leaves me sleepless | Global development | The Guardian: So far in the DRC, there have been more than 50 Covid-19 deaths, all of them in our capital, Kinshasa, where I am based. There are 1,298 confirmed cases, most in the city.

I know many people who died, but I was very close in particular to Dorcas, 66, and Michel, 78. They were very much loved and respected members of an older people’s association. Michel and I joked that we were father and son as he shares the same name as my late father.

They both knew where all the older people lived and whenever any had problems, they were the first to respond. Dorcas leaves behind a frail, elderly husband who has high blood pressure, and we are very worried for him.

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 At the WSJDLive 2015 conference, Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes discusses her company's proprietary technologies, the FDA's inspection of its facilities, and the assertion that her company was too quick to market its products.