Skip to main content

Kevin Lynch says Steve Jobs tried recruiting him to Apple after Flash debate | 9to5Mac

Kevin Lynch says Steve Jobs tried recruiting him to Apple after Flash debate | 9to5Mac: While it hasn’t been widely discussed that Jobs had tried (and failed) to recruit the Adobe CTO in 2010, Lynch confirmed the detail in a recent commencement address delivered to�University of Illinois at Chicago’s mid-year graduating class:

I’ve been through a number of challenging situations. One of these was getting into a disagreement several years ago with Steve before I was with Apple — it was not easy and I didn’t win the argument, but something surprising happened. Steve got to know me better and asked me to work with him. I felt I couldn’t join at the time, but he left the door open. Later, he tragically passed away. I couldn’t stop thinking of our conversations and am so happy I did join Apple, and have been giving my all since.

I did this with a leap of faith, not knowing exactly what we would build, but that I’d be working with the truly amazing team at Apple. My first day I learned the mission was to create the�Apple Watch, and that we had a lot of work to do. It has been a series of incredible engineering and design challenges since.

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015

Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 Elizabeth Holmes Discusses Theranos at WSJDLive 2015 At the WSJDLive 2015 conference, Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes discusses her company's proprietary technologies, the FDA's inspection of its facilities, and the assertion that her company was too quick to market its products.